Friday, March 4, 2011

Popcorn.js - There's a first for everything

Well, my reading week has been rather productive. Most of my work was for another class, but I managed to squeeze in some javascript. I made an xml parser in c++ that imports collada models into directx. Fun, lol. After that, I made some unit tests for the popcorn subtitle plugin for the first time. The tests only check that the subtitles say what they're supposed to say at the right time.

After the tests were passed, I stumbled across a bug! When the testing is finished, the results are outputted above the video, which causes the video to move further down the page (naturally). I noticed the subtitles didn't move with the video. This means that if the subtitles are aligned to the bottom of the video before testing, then when the testing is finished the subtitles end up in the middle of the video. This makes sense considering the subtitles are inside of a div with an absolute position.

So I got to file my first bug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment